The Mesa College Library provides access to an extensive collection of print and online books and journals. This research guide can be used as a starting point for psychology research at Mesa, and also includes information on accessing resources at other San Diego area libraries.
Organizing Your Research
The tabs on this research guide will lead you to the resources available at or through the Mesa College Library.
- Off-Campus Access for Mesa Students -- Mesa students can access the Mesa Library online resources 24/7 from off-campus. For access to online resources at UCSD and SDSU, you will have to go to those libraries.
- Psychology Journal Research -- Iincludes links to our psychology and multi-subject databases. Use these to search for articles in scholarly journals, magazines, and newspapers. In many cases, the full articles are available here. If the full articles are not available here, links are in place to find out if they are available at other area libraries. "List of Psychology Journals at Mesa" includes links to over 450 psychology journals online. If you want to browse through a journal or search for articles in a specific journal, this is the best place to go.
- Google Scholar -- A tool that allows you to search for scholarly works available from academic libraries or free on the Internet.
- Electronic Books -- Information on how to access the over 30,000 electronic books in the Mesa Library collection.
- SDSU & UCSD Resources -- General information on accessing the collections and services available at these libraries and specific information on their psychology resources. In many cases, you can use finding tools available at the Mesa Library to compile a list of specific articles and where and how to access them at other area libraries.
- Social Psychology Network -- One of the largest Internet sites devoted to psychology research, study, and teaching.